Saturday, September 12, 2009

My front flowerbed

Every year I purchase annuals for my front flowerbed and wonder why. I used to really enjoy getting my hands in the dirt and planting things, and watching them grow. Life changes, though, as the years go by, and so do priorities. It just seems some years that planting that bed is more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes the results are pretty good, while more often than not, it's just OK.

This year is one of those years when my efforts have paid off. I was able to get a nice assortment of colors and varieties that really worked well together, and everything has flourished! I've been able to successfully fight off the slugs in their voracious pursuit of my marigolds, and they (the marigolds, not the slugs), for once, have thrived. I am posting this picture in hopes that I can refer to it next year when I doubt my reasons for kneeling down at the edge of that bed in the still chilly and damp month of May.



For future reference, I planted lobelia, dwarf marigolds, verbena, and cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment