Monday, May 31, 2010

Planting flowers and doing cartwheels

Finally, a pretty day, and it's about time. I picked up the bedding plants I bought at a fundraiser a week ago, and haven't had the time or cooperative weather to get them planted yet. Today was perfect - except for one thing. That pesky shoulder problem of mine won't allow me to do the necessary digging. Hmmm... I could enlist help from my teenage daughters...

I decided on a different approach this year, and even drew out a plan (a first for me) - cosmos, verbena, lobelia, and marigolds in rays instead of my usual rows.



Then, with daughters in tow, "we" set to work. Once they got going, it really didn't take that long, and they had such great attitudes!



The finished product - thanks to Sarah and Emily! I'm anxious to see how it looks as it grows in.



Afterwards, Sarah disappeared to do things indoors. Emily, however, took a few minutes to cartwheel across the yard. Clearly, I didn't work her hard enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment