Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Possible Prom Dresses


ACMA's Junior/Senior Prom is in four days. After much deliberation, Sarah decided - today - to go. So, the scramble is on for a dress.

A search of our closets yielded two dresses of mine - from days of yore. This green is one I made, and wore to a senior Christmas dance. Yes, believe it or not, back in the day, I made most of my clothes.

 

The pink is a dress I wore when we lived in Arizona. I believe I bought it to wear a banquet for Tempe Little Theater, back when I was president. Very Southern belle, don't you think?

  

The black dress was in Sarah's closet - a purchase made earlier this year for an as-yet-unassigned event. It fits like it was made for her.  It has a graceful cowl neck and sequined T-back. I'm not so sure about black for Prom, though...

   

So, we went out on a shopping trip this evening, and came back with two more possibilities. The lavender is  organza with lovely silver filigree detailing, spaghetti straps, and an optional wrap.

   

The royal blue has a higher neck with rhinestone edging, spaghetti straps, and a lower back. It matches a pair of strappy silver shoes with rhinestones.

 

OK, so now we just need to make a decision: which should she wear? Help! The black dress is the only one ready to wear. The rest all need minor alterations, which I am able to do. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I like either the black one or the blue one! (If there was a purple one, I'd vote for it! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If going for style and individuality, the green.

    The black really fits like it is made for her, so for a nice sleek look, definitely can't go wrong.

    The lavender might be my favorite, so hard to choose!

    Good luck! - Donna

    ReplyDelete