Sunday, November 24, 2013

Portland Fall 2013


Here's my pictorial homage to Fall in Portland. It's one of my favorite seasons and I am lucky to live in an area of town where there are so many beautiful colors lining the streets. The picture above stopped me in my tracks on the way to work one morning. The streetlight glowing in front of the mass of red leaves took my breath away. I just had to capture the image before the trees lost any more leaves.

There were days when the colors were so vibrant it took my breath away. My camera is broken, so I got to the point where I simply carried my iPad around with me in the car so I could capture trees as I came across them. I was especially drawn to trees that displayed a gradation of colors as the leaves changed.

 



 

 

 

    


 

There's a reason this shrub is called a Firecracker Bush.



We recently had an ash tree come down in our back yard after an evening of high winds.  We loved that tree. It was somehow comforting to see the red maple turn a vibrant red, and stand sentry over its fallen brother. It gave me solace to know that, although we just lost one beloved tree, the normal cycle of life continues.



Not to be outdone, the maple in the front yard showed its colors, too. Good thing I didn't have to wait any longer for a nice day to grab this shot. It had already lost a lot of leaves. I do love the carpet of colors our front yard achieves this time of year.



And just for good measure, some up-close-and-personal shots, too good to pass up.



 

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment