Sunday, December 20, 2009

Failed Birthday Celebration :(

We really need to simplify our lives. I came down with some kind of stomach bug a couple of days before my birthday, and spent it and the day before stretched out on the sofa feeling queasy and sleeping as much as possible. We had plans to go out to dinner to celebrate my big day, but I didn't feel up to it. Somehow, sitting in a riverside seafood restaurant, watching the Christmas Ships parade by (usually such an enjoyable evening) didn't appeal. No problem; we'd just find another date.

So we compared schedules. Trying to accommodate Larry's work schedule, my performance schedule, and Sarah's babysitting and social life has proved utterly fruitless. I'm singing two nights, Sarah is babysitting or going to parties with her friends two more... The earliest dinner date we can come up with is December 23rd. Too close to Christmas - I'll still be wrapping gifts and baking cookies by then. Guess we'll have to put off my birthday dinner until after Christmas.

It's pretty sad when the joy of the holidays interferes with the joy of having a day all your own. Larry keeps suggesting we should both celebrate our half-birthdays in June instead, but that's not when I was born, and it just doesn't feel right. I think we just need to simplify our lives - or be sure to stay well a week before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment