Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More Christmas Decorations

I suppose since I showed pictures of my mantles, I ought to publish some of my other decorations from this year's Christmas season.

Our Christmas tree did not rain needles on us as we decorated it, and is holding up quite nicely. It really does have a pretty shape, and may be one of the nicest trees we've had in a number of years. I still love how every one of our ornaments - most one of a kind, and many handmade - tells its own story.



The banister sports its usual array of pine cones and berries.



I love assembling 3-D puzzles. Problem is, once I get them put together, I don't want to tear them apart again! I've had this Victorian house for 12+ years and still love it. Some years ago, when we were still living in Arizona, my mother decided to make Christmas greenery to decorate the outside of the Victorian house. We've saved those mini garlands and wreaths, and use them every year to ready our miniature puzzle house for the season.



Here's our house. Wonder what its inspiration was?



By the way, here's the neighbor's pyracantha bush that yielded its berries for our mantle decor. Didn't I read somewhere once that heavy berry growth foretells a colder-than-usual winter? If so, we're in for a doozy, because there are lots of berries everywhere this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment