Tuesday, July 14, 2009

49 Mile Scenic Drive of San Francisco

I spoke too soon. We spent another day in the car, but it was worth it. We took the 49 mile scenic driving tour of SF, and saw all the major attractions and LOTS of beautiful architecture. I must say, by the end of the day, though, we were all ready to be out of the car. Tomorrow we'll home in on some favorites and go back to do some in-depth investigation of things we whetted our appetites for today. Today's favorites included lovely Victorian homes, Golden Gate Park, the view from Twin Peaks, driving down Vermont Street (proven by a travel show we saw to be twistier than Lombard Street - and as the driver, I believe it!), views of the Golden Gate Bridge, dinner at the Ferry Building, and a well-deserved soak in the motel's hot tub. Larry's driving tomorrow; I did my duty today!

No comments:

Post a Comment