Monday, July 13, 2009

Redwoods!

Today was Redwoods day! We drove through some of the most majestic forests I've ever seen. We made this same drive a few years ago when the kids were younger, and I remember being underwhelmed. I must have been blind then or so distracted with child care I couldn't concentrate. Today was different; the views were magnificent. Of course, we did all the touristy stuff: drove through a tree, walked among and inside the giant specimens and upon fallen logs.



We saw a house trailer made from a single log, as well as playhouses that we went into.



Had dinner in Mill Valley (which makes me think of BJ Hunnicutt from MASH. That was his character's hometown). It was a great day, culminating with our arrival in San Francisco. Woo hoo! No more day-long drives! Tomorrow we'll play a different kind of tourist and show Sarah and Emily the sights, while revisiting them ourselves. I think we had no children the last time Larry and I were here...

No comments:

Post a Comment