Monday, August 16, 2010

Shoulder Update

Finally, I'm able to report that my shoulder is showing dramatic improvement. I injured it on April 13th, so it's been just over four months of pain and frustration. I am so pleased with the progress my chiropractor, Dr. Underhill, has helped me make. He's found just the right combination of adjustments, stretches, laser treatments, and strengthening exercises to do the trick. I saw he most dramatic improvement, though, when I started receiving "instrument-assisted massage" from his assistant, Dr. Gough. He works my shoulder area twice a week with special instruments, and it had an immediate effect. I can't say enough about how great this practice is; I didn't suffer with my sciatica or with hip pain on our trip, and I totally credit Dr. Underhill for getting past that pain, too.

I still don't have total function in the shoulder, but I can finally say it's better daily. With continued treatment and patience, I finally feel like I will one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment